Citations—often termed as intellectual transactions, acknowledgment of intellectual debts, and conceptual association—are a link between the author’s current study and already published work. It not only provides credibility to the author’s work but also helps funders evaluate the impact of the research study. Citation indexes are maintained for information retrieval of both cited and citing work, facilitating the literature search process. It also helps authors in identifying the number of citations that their papers have received. Citation data is considered as a legitimate measure to rank authors, journals, and publishers. Through this webinar, we aim to provide information about citation indexing and how authors and publishers can get indexed in established citation databases.
Researchers will learn:
- Why and what authors need to cite?
- Citation indexing and its significance
- Selection criteria of international citation databases like WoS, Scopus, and Crossref
- How can journals and publishers index in citation databases?
James R. Greenwood, PhD, Adjunct Professor, School of Public Health, UCLA
- Dr. Greenwood is an accomplished researcher-cum-entrepreneur with 40+ years of extensive experience in the STM industry and primary research interest in microbiology, epidemiology, and policy development for environmental protection and public health.
- His current affiliations include Global Healthcare Capital (Advisory Board Member), USDA - National Organic Standards Board (Board Member), Journal of Environmental Science and Renewable Resources (Editor In Chief), Journal of Environmental and Toxicological Research (Editor), and School of Public Health, UCLA (Adjunct Professor).
- Dr. Greenwood has also served as a Science Advisor at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and held advisory positions with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the Irvine Cancer Control and Prevention Board, University of California.
- To date, Dr. Greenwood has several patents, publications in reputed journals, and book chapters to his credit. He has also been invited to present papers at national and international conferences.